Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Flowers in my garden

I realize I haven't really shown any pictures of the flowers in my garden this season as of late.  And there really are some lovely ones.  I have a glorious hibiscus plant in a pot on my porch.  It is a new hybrid from Burpee called Cranberry crush and it is amazing.  This is it's second round of blossoms in the first year of growth.

I also planted some Scarlet O'Hara morning glories in the back yard alongside the vegtable garden.  They are a fushcia color which mimics red in the right light.  I adore them.

And the zinnias.... oh the zinnias.  I plant zinnias every year but this year they have been particularily lovely.  I have plans to plants more colors of zinnia next season and in more places.  The butterflies we have had because of them is astounding.











2 comments:

Oana said...

Lovely flowers!

Jamie Keifer said...

Cranberyy Crush is a cute name… It was hybridized in 2009 and they are compact flowers with a beautiful shade of scarlet red. They're actually good in any garden. They're heavy bloomers! How many have you grown now?