Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Art Auction Assignment




The local art gallery holds a wine tasting and art auction every March to raise money. Since local artists are allowed to display and sell art through this gallery, I obviously am supportive of this cause. The auction last year was superb and I had a great time. This year, I've been asked to donate a piece or two for the auction. Of course I said yes. In exchange for my donation, I will receive two tickets to the event plus all the free PR and exposure that this event will bring my shop. Thank goodness I ordered those new business cards with my artfire studio listed on them.


The plan is to make several pieces and choose the two that best represent my style and will appeal to the attendees. I've created a few focal pieces already and plan to build the rest of the necklace or bracelet around them. I am by no means finished creating pieces for this auction yet.... this is just the start!


No comments: