Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Littlecrow Glass



I would like to present the next featured Artfire artist: Littlecrow Glass!
Deb is the owner and artist behind Littlecrow Glass. She is a mother of 5 and has been married for 21 years. Her husband is such a huge supporter of her lampworking and glass work that he built her a studio in their home!
I asked this artist a few questions about her work and here are the answers she shared with me!
How did you first get into your craft?
I started doing hot glass work many years ago after seeing lampwork beads in a gallery. I fell in love! I just had to know how to do this. My husband surprised me with a lampworking started kit from a local stained glass shop and I just dove in. The flame was mesmerizing! I started with a simple Hot Head torch setup in my basement but soon upgraded to a, oxygen set up on a Minor Torch and my own glass studio. I have never taken a class though there are many I would love to learn from.
Is there any particular artist or person in your life that inspires you?
I am inspired by many things. My family, nature, fashion, color, all that glitters and shines.
What are your favorite materials to work with and why?
Glass of course! I haven't met a glass I haven't wanted to melt yet. I have even used recylced glass from church windows and glass bottles from weddings. Oh and I can't forget the silver, lots and lots of fine silver for sparkle!
Is there anything that you do that you think makes your creations stand apart from similar ones/ your competitiors?
There are so many wonderful lampworkers out there! I think everyone develops a style of their own. The glass community is full of wonderful people who are willing to share and learn from each other. I have learned so much from my fellow glass artists at places like wetcanvas and lampworketc online.
You can find Littlecrow Glass online at http://www.artfire.com/users/LittlecrowGlass



No comments: