Friday, April 30, 2010

Written With You In Mind


Today I would like to feature my next Artfire artisan: Written With You In Mind!

April is a 40 something crafter who moved from England to Southern Ireland in 2008 for a less stressful lifestyle. She loves trying creative things. She says she's tried just about everything crafty.

I asked April some questions about herself and her craft. Below are her answers!

How did you first get into your craft?

For as long as I can remember I have always been fascinated by the written word. At the age of 6 I was reading book for 10+ children and would spend most of my spare time reading or copying words form books, newspapers and magazines. I used to have exercise books full of copying and it used to drive my Mum insane! I've always written limericks and rhymes but didn't start saving any till I was in my twenties, married with a baby and I began to ponder the meaning of life.

Is there any particular artist or person in your life who influences or inspires you?

I've always loved rhyme that tells a story and makes you smile or is just plain silly. As a child I adored Dr. Suess, Edward Lear and Lewis Carroll. In late life I became a fan of Pam Ayres from England who read her poems professionally and also Spike Milligan.

What are your favorite materials to work with and why?

I love words that rhyme and poems that keep you guessing with a surprise twist at the end.

Is there anything that you do that you think sets your creations apart from similar ones/ your competitors?

As with most poets I write from the heart and take inspiration from my surroundings and experiences. Every experience is unique and personal to me but I try to convey humor in most of my poetry in the hope that it will make people smile.


You can see April's poetry, rhymes and limericks at http://www.artfire.com/users/writtenwithyouinmind



No comments: