Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mothers Love

I would like to feature my next Artfire artist today: Mothers Love!
Mothers Love is from Spain originally but moved to the USA in 1991. She blames her love of jewelry on her Spanish roots. She also loves to travel and spend time outdoors. The zoo and the ocean are her favorite places to be.
I asked Mothers Love a few questions to further inquire about her and her work. The following are her answers.
How did you first get into your craft?
I've always had a love for jewelry. I guess you can blame my Spanish side! I started out making my own stuff and strangers seemed to like it. So I decided to open up shop and sell.
Is there any particular artist or person in your life who inspires you?
I love all forms of art and am inspired by everything that surrounds me. It just depends on my mood. I can see a pretty flower and decide I want to make something that color. Or see a particular animal that inspires an emotion and I want to capture that emotion in a piece.
What are your favorite materials to work with and why?
My favorite materials are the shiny stuff! It's just so pretty and feminine. But I also love copper. The earthy girl in me loves the copper.
Is there anything you do that you think makes your creations stand apart from similar ones/your competitors?
There are so many very talented artists out there that I don't want to compare myself to any. Everyone does what they love to do, as do I.
Anything else you would like my readers to know about (sales, coupone, etc.)?
My goal is to create fun and flirty, bold and beautiful and chic jewelry at affordable prices!

You can see the beautiful pieces of art she creates at http://www.artfire.com/users/MothersLove


3 comments:

Kawartha Beads said...

Great interview! Your jewelry definately reflects your love of the ocean, there are plenty of gorgeous aqua pieces in your shop. Wishing you much success!

button said...

Mother's love is awesome, and you always do such a wonderful job with your blog features.
:o) button

divapixie said...

Thanks button! I really LOVE the earrings I pictured... they are the most warm and inviting colors. I am going to have to mark Mothers Love for later shopping sprees!