Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chamoritaessentials

Today I would like to feature an Artfire artist who makes the world beautiful by enhancing the beauty that already exsists.... on your face! Chamoritaessentials makes and sells mineral make-up. I personally am a BIG fan of handmade mineral make-up. It just feels so much better on my skin and looks a lot more natural. It truly enhances the beauty you have instead of hiding it.

The lady who runs chamoritaessentials is named Leonora Gamble. She is married to a wonderfully supportive man and is the proud mother of 4 grown boys ranging from 17-27 in age. She is from Guam but has been living in the United States since 2006. She not only creates the wonderful mineral make-up in her studio but also creates fragrances for both men and women. In her spare time she enjoys reading, going to the beach and spending time with her family.

I sent Leonora a short questionaire to get a little more information about her and the wonderful products she makes. Here are her answers.


How did you first get into your craft?

I always wanted to go into business for myself and have always been very interested in cosmetics, body and skincare. I've always purchased makeup and skin care products but they always make me itch or I break out in a terrible rash or they gave me bad acne. So about 4 years ago I became interested in mineral makeup when it first came out. I bought some but it still made me itch. So, I decided to do some research and discovered I could make it myself. In addition to making mineral cosmetics, I also researched and discovered how to make body and skincare products as well as soap.

Is there any other artist or person in your life that influences or inspires you?


I honestly can't think of any right now.

What are your favorite materials to work with and why?

I would have to say working with iron oxides, with these you can create so many different colors, the possibilities are endless.

Is there anything that makes your creations stand apart from similar ones/your competitors?

I think my ingredients make my creations stand apart from similar products. I do not use ingredients that traditional makeup companies use. Even some mineral makeup companies use ingredients that can make certain individuals react badly. One example, I do not use Bismuth or Boron nitrides in my makeup.

Is there anything else you would like my readers to know about (sales, coupons, other services)?

I am new to selling online. I will soon be offerings discounts, sales on certain products and free gifts. I will also be adding products to my studio.



You can find Leonora's makeup and fragrances in her studio at http://www.artfire.com/users/chamoritaessentials





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi divapixie - new follower here!! Sue

divapixie said...

YAY! We LOVE new followers here at Fools and Jewels! Welcome!