Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lilishop

Congradulations to Lilishop for being my very first featured Artfire Artisan! Thank you to Evelyne for being such a good sport and going first.




Evelyne says all her friends and family call her Lili, which is where her shop name came from. She is 23 years old and resides in Belgium. Recently, she graduated from school and is currently working in interim jobs as a social worker.


I asked Evelyne some questions about herself, her craft and her studio. Here are her answers:
How did you first get into your craft?
I've been fascinated with glass craft for a long time. A couple of months ago I heard about something called the "Hot Pot". This is a kind of box that you can put in your microwave to fuse glass with. I looked up some info about it and viewed almost every movie there is about it on Youtube. I was immediately sold. It's not expensive compared to other tools for fusing glass. It's easy and quite safe. I do not regret my purchase for a moment! I've made over 30 creations now and many more to come! I love the fact that you never truly know what your glasswork is going to look like. It's always a bit exciting.
Is there any other particular artist or person in your life that influences or inspires you?

My boyfriend... I know it sounds terribly corny... but it's the truth. He could sit next to me, watching the microwave for hours. He gives an honest opinion about my work and he encourages me to make more pieces.

What are your favorite materials to work with and why?
Glass! You never really know what you are going to get. I love the way it melts, starts to glow, forms shapes.... and there are so many different varieties.
Is there that you do that you think makes your creations stand apart from similar ones/ your competitors?
I put my heart and soul in it. I try to make it as perfect as possible. If you buy one of my pieces of jewelry, you can be sure that it's a work of love.

Anything else you would like my readers to know about (sales, coupons, other services you offer)?
I only just opened my Artfire shop. That's why I'm offering a 10% discount on all items until March 31st! This weekend I will add many more items to my shop!

You can see Lili's lovely glass fusion jewelry pieces at http://www.artfire.com/users/Lilishop


2 comments:

Kawartha Beads said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful interview! Glad to hear that you have a great support system behind your creative efforts. Keep up the great work!

Fools and Jewels- I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award for bringing positivity and inspiration to your readers! Keep up the great work.
http://kawarthabeads.blogspot.com

divapixie said...

WOW. *near speechless*
Thank you. I... really don't know what to say.
Thank you.