Tuesday, March 30, 2010

PassionForBeads





Today I would like to feature an artist who is constantly featuring the artwork and items of other artists with her Passion's Picks of the Week: PassionForBeads!





Her name is Sally and she's originally from Hong Kong China. She has lived in Canada since 2001 and has been beading for about 7 years. She a stay at home mom and has two gorgeous boys ages 7 and 4. She first started her online shop in March 2009 and has been focusing on selling jewelry made from swarovski crystal beads.

I sent Passion a few questions to discover more about her and her creative work. Below are her answers.



How did you first get into your craft?

I have been doing a lot of crafts in my life. I do knitting and crocheting dolls, cross stitching, paper quilling, clay... When I first started beading, I just LOVED it! I was doing for fun in the beginning. Then one day a friend of mine asked me to make her a choker and a pair of matching earrings. I started taking orders thereafter. Last year I started selling online.

Is there any particular artist or person in your life that influences or inspires you?

Everyone in my life inspires me! However, my main inspiration comes from beading books.

What are your favorite materials to work with and why?

I love crystals, especially those swarovski crystals. I just fell in love with them at first site. They are so beautiful, shiny, sparkly and most importantly they make my jewelry look beautiful!

Is there anything that you do that you think makes your creations stand apart from similar ones/your competitors?

The jewelry I make is unique and not everyone can make it. I have customers who make jewelry too. One of them says she buys from me because she thinks my jewelry is beautiful and she cannot make it by herself.

Anything else you would like my readers to know about (sale, coupons, other services you offer)?

You can find me on:

Artfire http://passionforbeads.artfire.com/

MiM http://madeitmyself.com/user/passionforbeads.aspx

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/PassionForBeadsFanPage

Twitter http://twitter.com/passionforbeads

Blog http://passionforbeads.blogspot.com/

I do feature artists on my blog and its called Passion's Picks, a weekly free promotion! If you would like to learn more about Passion's Picks, here's the link http://passionforbeads.blogspot.com/2010/02/introducing-passions-picks-weekly-free.html



Be sure to check out Passion For Beads on Artfire!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Cindy!! That is an awesome featuring. Also, thank you for mentioning Miss Passion in the featuring.

Sally :o)

divapixie said...

No worries! I enjoyed writing this up for you. I hope to be able to get a second picture uploaded sometime today... if blogger behaves.

button said...

Very nice blogpost, Cindy. And thank you again for the feature the other day. Passionforbeads is a lovely artist with beautiful items. I get so many complements on the sparkly purple crystal earrings I ordered from Passionforbeads.
:o) button

Unknown said...

Wonderful feature ~ it was fun to learn a few things about Ms. Passion. :)

Now I'm off to browse around your lovely blog!

Have a great day!

Small Footprints